Chicken and Corn Empanadas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 35m
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded ... any chicken will do. thin breast. boil and shred. (hint: use a blender or bullet to do the shredding, cuts down time by at least 15 minutes)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup golden raisins ...adds that bit of sweetness! so good!
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- kosher salt and black pepper ...try crazy janes. its a staple in my kitchen!
- 2 store-bought refrigerated rolled piecrusts ...i believe pizza dough gets the job done as well!
- Heat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, raisins, cilantro, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- With a 4-inch biscuit cutter, cut 4 circles from each piecrust.
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto half of each circle, leaving a border. Brush the edges with water, fold in half, and press with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
These came out delicious! I paired them with sliced sweet potatoes that I baked in the oven!
Slice into thin rounds, drizzle italian dressing over them, a little S & P, cayenne pepper, and bake for 30 minutes at 450 flipping half way through. (my sisters recipe, so yummy)
I think next time I will add either hard boiled eggs or onions. definitely onions!
and maybe make a sweet yet spicy dressing... I'm thinking my famous bbq sauce! not traditional but sounds so good!
If you are going to try I would recommend you add one or all of the above... they are slightly dry without.
Oh and slight bummer =