Cooking with the Cottons
Roasted Pork Chops and Peaches
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 20m | Total Time: 30m
- 1 10-ounce package couscous NO COUSCOUS! I OPTED OUT AND WENT WITH RED POTATOES! SEE BELOW!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total) OR OFF THE BONE. JUST THE SAME! WHATEVER YOU PREFER!
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges SWEET VIDALIA DOES THE TRICK!
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves DELETED HUSBANDS NOT A FAN!
- Heat oven to 400° F.
Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the peaches, onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
- Return the pork (and any accumulated juices) to the skillet. Transfer to oven and roast until the pork is cooked through and the peaches are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork and peaches with the basil
and serve with the couscous.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes, quartered into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat potatoes. Transfer potatoes to a large baking sheet or shallow roasting pan.Roast 25 to 30 minutes, until tender and golden.
Add butter at the very end and stir!