Cajun Chicken With Collard Greens
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 30m | Total Time: 30m
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced they make a huge difference definitely don't delete!
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems discarded and leaves cut into strips (about 10 cups) suggestion: if you are not a fan of collard greens, substitute for escarole or swiss chard!
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with blackening seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
- Meanwhile, in a second skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper to the second skillet and cook, tossing frequently, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the collard greens, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the black-eyed peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve with chicken.