Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me."



an act of love.
an act of humility.



I was taken back when I saw this post on snippet and ink pop up in my google reader! 
The groom kneels down to wash his brides feet during their wedding ceremony.

In John 13:14, Christ says,
"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet."

Christ, by His actions, made it very clear that He would not expect anything from us that He was not willing to do Himself. He, as our Governor and Elder Brother, though He should have been served by others, served them. Undoubtedly, service is the essence of godly leadership.

a servant spirit..... do you have one?
John 13:1-17


instead of lighting a unity candle or taking communion... 
what if.... 
we washed our spouses feet....

No comments:

Post a Comment